Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: oh yeah!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was offered another job at the university I currently work at. $11.50/hour, 40 hours a week, occasional overtime, weekends off, health insurance (including vision and dental, which I haven't had in years).

    this will also mean the end to my weeks late paychecks, being as I will be under a different boss, and my checks will go through differently.

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 15, 2005 10:56 AM: Message edited by: TheUnquietGrave ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    CONGRATS! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    gonna be a big jump in pay too, no?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peeker:
    CONGRATS! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    gonna be a big jump in pay too, no?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep. I make $12/hour right now, but my job is only seven hours a week..and if no one shows up by 2:00 PM, I have to leave early, so often times I'm only pulling in $60 a week. of course my jewelry selling helps a lot, but even so..lots more money, even if I'm making 50 cents less than I already am.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    aw hell, it's WAY better this way, for sure.

    although I hate working that many hours.
    that's why my job is good for me, lotsa times I only put in 10 hr/wk, still get apid for 30 hrs.

    mind ya, sometimes I put in 60, and only get paid for 30... [img]redface.gif[/img]
    but over the course of a year, it more or less evens out.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peeker:
    aw hell, it's WAY better this way, for sure.

    although I hate working that many hours.
    that's why my job is good for me, lotsa times I only put in 10 hr/wk, still get apid for 30 hrs.

    mind ya, sometimes I put in 60, and only get paid for 30... [img]redface.gif[/img]
    but over the course of a year, it more or less evens out.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah..it's a lot of hours, and it's also early in the morning..8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. which is kind of a bitch being as I live 45 minutes away. but it's the best option I've got right now, so I'll take it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    actually, I always liked early days.
    that's probably my biggest complaint at work, I usually start at 6pm, except on Sundays, which range between 7-9AM.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Drau's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    5,789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congrats! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

    I'd easliy give up 50cents for insurance.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Drau Al Gul:
    Congrats! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

    I'd easliy give up 50cents for insurance.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">exactly. the woman hiring me thought I'd object to losing that 50 cents, but health insurance and the added hours more than makes up for it.

    besides, that job allows raises and such..so chances are I'll regain that 50 eventually.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Evil Temptation's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    988
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Drau Al Gul:
    Congrats! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

    I'd easliy give up 50cents for insurance.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed.

    Congrats.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Drau's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    5,789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    (wo)Man! You have fringe benefits comming out the yin yang!

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •